February Project – Tulle Skirt

For the second project of the year, I decided to tackle the tulle skirt  (que dramatic music😂).

I chose pattern 118 from burda style magazine issue 4/2013.

Most tutorials for a tulle skirt I’ve seen were for a gathered skirt, but I wanted it to be less bulky at the waist, so this pattern was a perfect fit for me 😊. 

As usual, I started by sketching the skirt. Watercolor seemed fitting. 

Then I made another illustration because why make one illustration when you can make two, am I right?😁

I used the instructions for the pattern to make two layers of tulle and a layer of knit fabric for the lining. I used an elastic waistband in black. The original pattern calls for a zipper, I decided to make my life and bit easier…

I love how it turned out! Very 80s chic and also perfect for a Valentine’s day date if you have one ❤ cause I don’t…😂.

I liked it so much, I made another for a friend in a red fabric with tiny white hearts which is also perfect for Valentine’s day😍. 

All in all very useful pattern 🤗. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s